Saturday, August 20, 2011


For the first time on a Saturday, I'm not required to be at the office to do my sales duties. However, I had to get my ass at Home Team NS situated at Bukit Gombak for a company Rifle Shooting event. Literally, my name was not in the list of shooters but I was a standby. I need to reach at 9am but I overslept until 8.30 and reach at 9.30am by cab. -.-"

After briefing, they divided us into teams of 4. There were in total 20 over teams. My name was called out to substitute a colleague because he/she didn't came. I was in team 4 with my IT supervisor and 2 other colleague from different Department. We were given 30minutes practice. They rifle were heavy and couldn't balance myself. I thought, my team has zero chances of winning. I thought my team were a bunch of lousy shooters.

After we finish the game, we gathered in the briefing room for the results. There were 3 top individual shooters and top 3 teams. In my mind, I told myself, there's no chance my team can win this because I feel that, we weren't good enough compared to the rest of the team. But I was wrong. My team won 3rd place!!! Unbelievable!! Alhamdulillah. We did our best as a team. We got a bronze medal each, a photo frame each and a $50 cash each. I'm elated. Woot woot.